Apply here to become a student in the EMBC+ programme in academic year 2016-2017
Please bear in mind that unfortunately the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships are no longer available within the framework of the EMBC+ Master Programme.
! Only EU applications for Ghent University are still possible, the University of Algarve reached the maximum number of applicants.
1. Application ...
- Step 1: Preparing for EMBC+
- Step 2: make an EMBC+ personal account in the EMBC+ application tool - enter here
- Step 3: enter all required data in the EMBC application tool enter here:
- personal data
- study overview
- language skills
- Step 4: submit the EMBC+ application to the EMBC+ coordination office before March, 30th 2016. Exceptionally EU-students can apply until June, 1st 2016, however it is not possible for students who apply after the official deadline of March, 30th 2016 to start in the university of Bremen.
2. Important dates
- Feedback on academic eligibility
- for students (EU and non-EU) aiming to study at the university of Algarve or Ghent: Wednesday, 20th of April 2016
- for students (EU and non-EU) aiming to study at the university of Bremen: Friday, 13th of May 2016
- Deadline legalized documents at EMBC+ coordination office
- for students (non-EU) aiming to study at the Algarve or Ghent: Wednesday, 11th of May 2016
- for students (non-EU) aiming to study at the University of Bremen: Wednesday, 1st of June 2016
- for all EU-students: Wednesday, 1st of June 2016
- Issuing of invoice: Wednesday, 15th of June 2016
- Deadline payment of invoice: Monday, 1st of August 2016
Note that if problems with the distributing of students over the universities would occur (i.e. if more students who are academically eligible want to go to a university than there are places at that university) the procedure of ‘first paid, first choice’ will be followed. The date on your proof of payment (bank transcript) will be taken into account.
Students who haven't paid by the deadline of Monday, 1st of August will be considered as dropouts.
- Exceptionally EU-students can apply until 01 June 2016, however this will have certain implications:
- it is not possible for students who apply after the official deadline of March 30th 2016 to start in the university of Bremen
- feedback on academic eligibility: Monday, 4th of July 2016
- issuing of invoice: Friday, 15th of July 2016
- deadline payment of incoice: Monday, 1st of August 2016
3. Academic eligibility ...
From February 2016 onwards the EMBC+ selection board will evaluate your application files and check whether you are academically eligible or not to start the Master programme.
In case of eligibility you will be informed about this and this will require you to send original copies of your higher education diploma(s) and transcript of records to the coordination office by post in order to finalize your application and to start the enrollment procedure in the programme.
It is important that we can ascertain the authenticity of your diploma and transcript of records:
- When you obtained your diploma at one of partners of EMBC+, the procedure is fairly simple. You need a certified copy of your documents sent to us by the university. This means that we have to receive a clear and readable copy, stamped and signed by the university that issued your documents confirming that it is a true copy.
- When you obtained your diploma at another university, one of three routes has to be taken, depending on the country where the diploma was issued.
- You need a certified copy
- You need an apostille
- You need to legalise your diploma
The list of what is needed for which country can be found via this link.
Situation: ' Use a foreign document in Belgium'
Country: insert the country where you studied
Document group: 'other documents drawn up or legalised by a competent local authority'
Bear in mind that you will have to turn to the institute that issued your diploma to obtain a certified copy or to find out what the procedure is to have your diploma apostilled or legalized.
IMPORTANT REMARK about TRANSLATION: if your higher education diploma(s) are not issued in English, French, German, or Dutch, they need to be translated by a certified translator and the original AND translation need to be added to your application.
4. Study cost and study grants from non-EMBC+ instances
When applying to the EMBC+ programme, be aware of the study costs. There are also non-EMBC+ instances that can provide grants to masterstudents.