The course is a no- decompression class structured to prepare divers for deeper recreational diving using proper equipment and diving techniques.
In this class, students will be introduced to the theory and practice of decompression and schooled in correct ascent procedures.
Training focuses on expanding the fundamental skills learned in Open Water Diver course and/or elsewhere, and is designed to cultivate, integrate, and expand the essential skills required for safe deeper diving.
This will include problem identification and resolution, and building the capacity for progressively more challenging diving. Learning to function efficiently in an alien environment and to handle scuba equipment requires time, dedication, quality instruction, and progressive learning.
It is the objective of this course to make students the best divers they can be at a recreational/entry level and develop student competence in the following areas:
• Aquatic Comfort
• Competency while managing diving related academics
• General health and fitness
• Proficiency with fundamental skills
• Safe diving demeanour; ability to support a team diving philosophy
• Ability to assist a dive buddy; proficiency in basic rescue skills
• Appropriate situational awareness
• Clear understanding of standardization
• Environmental awareness
Dive 1: Buoyancy and trim techniques, positioning and precision kicks,
Dive 2: Underwater navigation,
Dive 3: Enriched air diving,
Dive 4: Deep dive,
Dive 5: Search and recovery skills.
Open water diver certification from a international recognized diving agency (i.e. PADI, SSI, GUE, CMAS)
Students will be certified by a international agency such as PADI, SSI or GUE on Advanced Open Water training. Students will be certifyed to dive to 30m of depth after class aproval.
Demonstrate a safe demeanour and proper attitude
Demonstrate proficiency with the following fundamental skills:
• Pre dive sequence
• Two propulsion techniques
• One manoeuvring technique
• Buoyancy variation less than 1.5 meters from target depth
• Trim not to exceed 30 degrees from horizontal
• SMB deployment
Demonstrate appropriate situational awareness
Demonstrate capacity in working well as part of a team
Demonstrate capacity with respect to diving academics, dive planning, and pre dive procedures
Complete all knowledge assessments
Score minimum 75% on final exam