An introduction to R; Probability theory of relevance to population dynamics; Likelihood-based inference; Maximum likelihood estimation; Bayesian inference; WinBUGS; Density-independent population growth; Density-dependent population growth; Trophic interactions; Stochasticity; Environmental drivers; Population harvesting; State space analysis.
B.Sc. Honours introductory mathematics for science students; B.Sc. Honours introductory data analysis
- An understanding of the underpinnings of statistical inference
- Proficiency in programming in R
- A working knowledge of population dynamics
- Ability to develop and apply advanced statistical models to population dynamics data
- Ability to draw inference on population dynamics
- Introductory understanding of Bayesian inference as applied to population dynamics.